Post Date: July 7, 2016
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letters to:
Job Title: Crew Leader
Reports to: Project Manager
The Crew Leader is responsible for the successful installation of assigned projects. The Crew Leader works closely with the Project Manager and the Project Coordinator to organize, execute, and follow-up on each individual project. He or she supervises a 3-4 person crew of installers and coordinates with electricians to ensure that each installation is completed in a timely manner and meets quality standards. The Crew Leader is also responsible for completing and managing project-related documents.
- Meet with the Project Manager and Installation Manager weekly to determine the week’s installation schedule and to confirm Crew Leader assignments to upcoming projects.
- Review assigned project details and drawings and organize crew members. Delegate prep work, arrange equipment rental, and schedule necessary vehicles. Communicate with other Crew Leaders and Project Manager regarding special scheduling needs.
- Manage project budgets and set expectations for the crew to ensure jobs come out on-time and on budget.
- Use per-job materials checklist to pack vehicle before leaving for the job. Make sure vehicles are clean, organized, gassed up, and stocked with necessary materials.
- Complete monthly tool checks (individual crew member and crew equipment)
- Responsible for all maintenance and care for assigned vehicle
- Track all labor hours per job using the Labor and Travel Time form. Include prep work, travel, and installation.
- Ensure all safety and quality standards are met on the job site.
- Upon arrival at job-site, plan approach, array installation, and electrical work per drawings. Define special conditions and delegate tasks to individual crew members.
- Communicate with customer each time prior to arriving or leaving to the job site and arrange entry to the property if necessary.
- Provide on-site training and coaching when necessary and ensure that the job site is kept neat and left clean.
- Make all decisions on the job-site. Call the Project Manager or PV Technician for consultation when necessary. Refer all customer questions to Project Manager.
- If additional materials are used or purchased to complete job, add these to the per-job materials checklist. Delegate the inclusion of all electrical materials to the electrician.
- Report to Project Manager on a daily basis to report job progress.
- Inform the Project Manager when the job is ready for inspection. Verify that permit is on site and accessible and ask Project Manager if a ladder or specific tool needs to be left for the inspector.
- Before leaving the job-site: Complete the installation checklist, create a string map, ensure project site is left neat and take photos before leaving the job.
- Deliver installation checklist to Installation Manager. Deliver per-job materials checklist to Inventory Manager.
- Complete the As-Built and Cost-per-Watt worksheets within 2 days of successful inspection. Use the Labor Tracking form and the Materials checklist to complete the As-Built. Email the CFO and the Inventory Manager when the As-Built is completed.
- Review job-cost results with the management team on a monthly basis
- Lead bi-monthly installation meetings and assist with training initiatives when directed.
- Test and report on products/materials used.
- Develop best practices and work with engineering department to implement maximum efficacy and quality installations.
- Assist in the hiring/firing process and conduct regular quarterly dialogues with install team members.
- Engage interested people and neighbors during the installation process with the goal of generating leads for our solar consultants.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: BA or BS degree
Desired Knowledge: Jobsite Management, NEC, UBC, NABCEP, and OSHA standards.
Experience: 1-2 years in the solar contracting industry.
- Full-time, Mon-Fri
Applicants should submit resume and cover letters to: .
About Independent Power Systems
Founded in 1996 by Professional Engineer and Master Electrician Tony Boniface, Independent Power Systems offers unsurpassed technical expertise, complete customer service, and in-house design, engineering, and installation. Learn more about Independent Power Systems at http://www.solarips.com