Post Date: June 2, 2017
Job Title: SolarCorps Fellowship Program Warehouse Construction Fellow
Location: Denver, CO
Target Hire Date: Immediate
To Apply: Submit both a resume and cover letter online at www.gridalternatives.org/work-at-grid(No Calls Please)
About the SolarCorps Fellowship Program:
GRID Alternatives’ SolarCorps Fellowship Program is an opportunity for highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join GRID Alternatives for thirteen months. Fellows will gain valuable experience in the solar and non-profit industry to help launch their career while making significant contributions to GRID Alternatives and the broader community. The SolarCorps Fellowship Program is funded in part by AmeriCorps. SolarCorps Fellows will begin work on August 28, 2017. The SolarCorps Fellowship experience includes self-paced career development opportunities, training opportunities, as well as the opportunity for cross-regional collaboration with other SolarCorps Fellows at several GRID Alternatives training events.
GRID Alternatives has a mission to make renewable energy technology and job training available to underserved communities.
About GRID Alternatives
GRID Alternatives is the country’s largest nonprofit solar installer. GRID is an entrepreneurial, high-growth non-profit organization that provides renewable energy and energy efficiency services to low-income families. Through its flagship Solar Affordable Housing Program, GRID trains and leads teams of volunteers and job trainees to install solar electric systems for low income families and affordable housing providers, providing long-term savings for the people who need them the most. In turn, low-income families are able to use their long-term savings to pay for basic expenses, and expand their economic opportunity by employing the skills and training they gained through GRID’s workforce development programs, in the growing field of solar installation. GRID’s vision is a successful transition to clean, renewable energy that includes everyone. Based in Oakland, California, GRID has ten regional offices and affiliates serving all of California, Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Washington D.C., Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware; GRID also has staff on the ground in Nicaragua. GRID has a dedicated staff of 330 and growing!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Construction staff in staging, loading, and unloading equipment, including packing and unpacking parts, boxes, and bins from trucks before and after installation projects.
- Assist Construction staff with maintaining warehouse inventory, tool management, and organization.
- Help receive equipment pickups and deliveries.
- Assist Construction staff at solar installations (community solar and rooftop solar projects).
- Conduct site visits to screen potential sites for solar access and safety issues.
- Train and lead volunteers on solar installations.
- Participate in activities associated with National Days of Service.
- Other job duties as assigned: may include office administrative work, data entry, file management, answering homeowner and volunteer questions, talking to media and generally participating in activities necessary to serve GRID’s clients.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Thirteen-month commitment.
- General construction knowledge, experience, and skills.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for renewable energy, community development, green jobs and/or helping families and communities in need.
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change, go the extra mile, and bring ideas and energy to a rapidly evolving organization.
- Clean, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Some travel outside the region required to attend trainings.
- To be eligible for AmeriCorps, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Every SolarCorps Fellow must participate in the organizations equity, inclusion, and diversity work.
Mandatory Program Training
- Weeklong Orientation in Oakland, CA.
- Mid-year SolarCorps Fellowship Training Retreat.
- All company Staff Summit (GRID Alternatives’ annual staff conference).
- Monthly SolarCorps training calls/online collaboration.
- Fellows work full time (40 hours per week).
- Some positions require weekend and evening work.
- Denver, CO
Compensation and benefits:
- $15.00 per hour.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Paid time off.
- $3600 bonus upon successful completion of fellowship.
Submit both a resume and cover letter online at www.gridalternatives.org/work-at-grid. Mailed and emailed applications are not accepted.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS- NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAIL INQUIRIES PLEASE.
We are looking to hire immediately – position open until filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.