SkyFuel, Inc. is a small, dynamic company located in Denver, Colorado that is the solar thermal technology division of a large, international corporation. SkyFuel’s current solar technology includes SkyTrough and ReflecTech, both recognized as some of the most innovative products in the concentrating solar power (CSP) industry. We currently have an opening for a Business Development Manager to support our growth in the Chinese and East Asian solar markets. This individual will have direct experience and knowledge of power equipment and systems and we prefer at least 3 years in the solar industry. Additionally, the qualified candidate will have a history of technical sales with significant experience in the electric power/utility/renewables fields and have a passion for managing key international strategic relationships. This position will be based out of SkyFuel’s Denver, Colorado headquarters with 25%-40% time spent in China. While not required, the ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Mandarin.Our business development team will drive the commercialization of the company’s proven technology and develop/implement strategies for entering new markets with future products/services. Experience selling renewable energy technology to utilities, IPPs, and EPCs is a definite plus. Ideal candidates will have verifiable sales success closing transactions and/or negotiating strategic agreements in the power industry. The most desired individuals will have mechanical/technical aptitude and training, excellent communication skills with hands-on CRM fluency, proposal development experience, and experience in international sales.
The Business Development Manager for SkyFuel is responsible for achieving successful commercial deployment of SkyTrough and future products/services within China. This includes:
• Management of the project pipeline through the complete understanding of individual project status, schedule and technology choice,
• Tracking the pipeline through SalesForce and providing weekly updates to all opportunities, leads and sales projections,
• Managing new and existing customer relationships through in-office sales meetings, calls, and in-person visits,
• Providing an accurate and thorough process for creating indicative project pricing and official project quotations,
• Creating and managing a process for reliable lead generation,
• Maintaining and organizing all collateral and assets that will be used for external communication purposes in the territory,
• Also plan and attend conferences, and professionally represent SkyFuel at selected events,
• Support SkyFuel management in strategic discussions in the region.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science or business field. (MBA preferred)
• 10+ years of business development/sales/marketing experience, ideally with a focus on advanced or energy-related technology
• 3+ years of experience in renewable energy
• Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across organizations
• Strong presentation skills with effective verbal and written communication abilities
• Exceptional time management, prioritization and organizational skills
• Attention to detail, analytical, with problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and organizational skills.
• Extensive experience with CRM systems, complex spreadsheet analysis, and desktop publishing applications
• Working knowledge of Mandarin is highly preferred, but not required
Domestic and international travel (<50%) is required. US Citizenship mandatory. Limited relocation assistance is available for ideal candidates on a case by case basis. SkyFuel, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package with company paid health insurance for employees and dependents, 3 weeks of vacation, personal days, paid holidays, continuing education, flexible working schedules, and wellness/healthy living reimbursements. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter specifically written to address the job requirements of the position and a resume to email@example.com. Phone calls will not be accepted. No recruiters.