Product Manager | Advanced Energy
Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager – TX Inverters and International
Director of Product Management
ABOUT ADVANCED ENERGY:
Advanced Energy (NASDAQ: AEIS) is a global leader in reliable power conversion solutions used in thin-film plasma manufacturing and solar energy generation. Founded in 1981, Advanced Energy is headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado with dedicated support and service locations around the world.
AE’s solar energy business delivers highly reliable inverters, complementary BoS products and robust O&M services that allow its customers to secure more solar projects and grow their business. AE Solar Energy enables utility scale, commercial and residential solar project stakeholders to offer system owners a lower LCOE and confidence their PV system will deliver on long-term production goals. With more than 30 years of leadership in delivering innovative energy solutions, combined with a legendary reputation for customer service, AE Solar Energy is a trusted partner to solar project developers, financiers and beneficiaries around the globe.
Advanced Energy is seeking an experienced product management professional to provide life-cycle product management and leadership for the AE TX product line (formerly known as PV Powered) which is deployed in commercial- and utility-scale PV projects in North America and rest of world. The Product Manager will create product requirements and drive sustaining and strategic platform development initiatives, leveraging their domain expertise in the PV industry and building deep connections to AE’s Strategic Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Operations, Service, Reliability and Executive teams. The Product Manager will also manage pricing strategy, cost reduction and other drivers of the business plan for TX inverter products and solutions throughout their product lifecycles from conception to end of life. Additionally, this role will help position AE’s full suite of inverter solution in international expansion markets, partnering with AE’s sales teams, application engineers, and product managers.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the US and International markets and bring a passion for developing and delivering high-quality solutions for large-scale solar PV projects. The ideal candidate will also have broad business acumen and leadership skills to align and direct multiple functional contributors to AE’s product development process. The position is located in Bend, OR or Fort Collins, CO although there may be flexibility in terms of location for the ideal candidate.
- Manages profit and loss (P&L) of TX inverter product lines by shaping business context, targeting appropriate customer segments, guiding lifecycles of products and services, providing accurate forecasts, and managing profitability across organizational boundaries.
- Partners with Strategic Marketing to develop multi-year business plans for the TX product platform that are grounded in robust market, technical and financial analysis and discrete market segmentation.
- Defines product plans, including critical features, price targets, profit, return on investment (ROI), competitive strength and value delivery.
- Coordinates with Sales, Business Development, alternative channels, and third party integrators to ensure current products are positioned to meet market demand, and serves as point of escalation to manage disposition of complex transaction opportunities.
- In partnership with Strategic Marketing, assesses business and market viability of new inverter product concepts from Research and Development, Sales, Business Development, customers, or other inputs.
- Develops and communicates product requirements for TX inverter solutions that will enable AE to deliver on its commitment to leading performance, innovation and reliability that in turn enables AE’s customers to achieve industry best levelized cost of energy and financial performance.
- Works with Director of Product Management and engineering, operations, service, sales and other internal stakeholders to set priorities for TX and international product development and engineering – balancing resources, schedules, specifications & other tradeoffs.
- Drives the definition and continuous refinement of the Whole Product and Value Proposition in partnership with multiple AE resources including Product Marketing, Services and Marketing Communications.
- Defines and implements sustaining & end-of-life strategies for mature or declining inverter solutions.
- With Solar Marcomm team, drives naming, positioning, literature, collateral, web content, and launch activities.
- Coordinates regular forecasting and demand analysis with Sales and Strategic Marketing.
- Represents AE in a variety of public forums by presenting at conference sessions, webinars and other outwardly focused venues that provide an opportunity to demonstrate thought-leadership and the AE Value Proposition.
- Is the internal and external authority on critical product platform issues and actively engages up and down the AE organization to share your knowledge and gain new insights.
Works in a standard office environment and uses general office equipment (Phone, PC, etc.). Extended hours will be necessary from time to time depending on market conditions. Domestic and international travel, up to 30% or more is anticipated. This position has a significant amount of interdepartmental communications.
- High integrity in all situations.
- Excellent communication skills in person, in writing, by phone and in large groups.
- Strong organizational, planning, and coordination skills.
- Demonstrates passion and confidence to strongly advocate this position across multiple functions and organizational levels.
- Broad understanding of the solar PV industry, or related field such as wind- especially in the commercial and institutionalsegment.
- International business skills and a high level of cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to quickly assimilate market research and competitive analysis.
- Creative problem solving skills – both independently and as part of a team.
- Computer literacy with ability to use Windows, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Energy and ability to motivate others.
- Well-developed financial analysis capabilities and acumen.
- Brings an entrepreneurial spirit to creating innovative and cost-effective solutions that will result in global market adoption of AE utility scale solutions.
- 5 – 10 years experience in strategic marketing, product marketing or related positions.
- 5 years experience in solar, renewable energy or related distributed generation fields.
- Familiarity with EPC (engineer, procure, construct) development processes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivialent, with technical aptitude for electrical and/or power systems
- Advanced business degree, including M.S. or MBA
- International business experience preferred.
- Second language preferred.
Advanced Energy is an EEO/AA employer.