Solar Job Opportunities
Design Engineer at Independent Power Systems
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Design Engineer prescribes all system racking design. He/she works closely with the Project Manager(s) and Project Coordinator on all projects. The Design Engineer creates layouts, attachment details,elevations, and calculation documents for permitting. He/she will also provide pre-sale support to the sales team when necessary. The Design Engineer should be resourceful, efficient, an effective communicator, and a team-oriented worker.
- Determine site-specific requirements and assist in design of racking system for all projects.
- Assist with project permitting by creating necessary documents including system descriptions, electrical schematics, layouts, HOA documents, and any other documents required. If necessary, coordinate with racking vendor and perform structural analysis to secure stamped engineering letter.
- Assist Project Manager with project information compilation.
- Create cut sheets for job preparation.
- Collaborate with Purchasing & Receiving Coordinator to research products and methods useful for our installations.
- Assist the sales team with pre-sale design and support on complicated or out of the ordinary projects.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
- Assist in an installation once a month, complete required SunPower University courses, and review relevant reference material for educational purposes on an ongoing basis.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Education: BS in Engineering or related technical field
Knowledge Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Visual Analysis or similar, Solid Works, Google Sketch-Up, internet and e-mail usage.
Experience: Engineering, drafting, solar installation and basic construction.
- Full-time: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Required attendance at an off-site annual company meeting.
Apply: Please submit resume to email@example.com