This is not an Event Planning position
For more than 25 years, EUCI has led the way in producing the highest-quality conferences, seminars, workshops, and courses designed exclusively for the energy industry. We offer solutions and seek to help industry professionals make informed, intelligent decisions to strategically improve their position in today's challenging business environment. We are looking for a talented Conference Director with extensive experience in the energy industry to join our team.
If you are an energetic, ambitious and intellectually-curious person with a background in one or more of the following; project management, marketing, journalism, political science or economics & finance, you may be just what we are looking for.
As a Conference Director, you will organize industry-specific, high level business meetings for the energy industry. At EUCI, Conference Directors are responsible for placing high-level participants appropriately on meeting agendas, sourcing and gaining the participation of senior industry executive, corporate sponsors, trade organizations and media partners and actively working to ensure the financial success of each assigned meeting.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Recruiting and confirming highly credible industry leaders as speakers, subject matter experts and panelists
· Recruiting and confirming sponsorship and support from corporations, trade organizations and media
· Researching training needs of various audiences to inform the design of professional development programs
· Develop webinars and conferences for the energy industry
· Organizing, explaining and presenting fundamental topic research and translating that research into commercially-viable conference agendas
· Maintaining accurate contact records
· Serving as a company representative within the industry
· Establishing and maintaining ongoing relationships with key professionals, senior industry executives within relevant industries
· Conducting research to source appropriate potential speakers, panelists and companies to participate at the meeting
· Conducting telephone, internet and in-person research in assigned areas to understand industry and market situations
· Conduct studies of competitive events that may provide the basis for current and future meetings
· Attending and running conferences, including providing opening introduction, speaker assistance and logistics support
· Working with and supporting a cross-functional team on an ongoing basis to ensure successful marketing, sponsorship and financial performance of conferences
· Meeting individual production goals
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Ability to build rapport with diverse groups of stakeholders together to achieve a common business goal
· Ability to plan for, and work to, deadlines and to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a strong emphasis on meeting deadlines and milestones
· Business and finance experience a plus, including sales, marketing, transactional or deal, and/or project management
· Understanding of business and finance principles a plus
· Persistence and willingness to consistently contact prospects via telephone until a successful outcome is achieved
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· College graduate; graduate degree preferred
· Experience in the energy industry required
· Travel required
Starting date: Position is available immediately.
To apply, please submit your resume, salary history and requirements and a cover letter detailing the experience you have that meets our top criteria to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter or salary information will not be considered.
All submissions are confidential