GRID Alternatives Colorado is a non-profit organization that makes renewable energy technology and job training accessible to low-income communities. We bring together community partners, volunteers and job trainees to implement solar power and energy efficiency for low-income families, providing energy cost savings, valuable hands-on experience, and a source of clean, local energy that benefits us all.
GRID Alternatives Colorado is seeking a full-time, experienced Construction Manager to oversee PV installations for low-income families in Colorado. This position will primarily be responsible for leading a team of staff and volunteers on job sites to complete commercial scale projects as well as multi-family and residential rooftop installations throughout the State of Colorado.
- Responsible for all technical and safety aspects of PV installations
- Ensure that all solar installations are installed per GRID Alternatives’ safety and quality standards
- Lead installations of solar electric systems with GRID construction staff, crews of volunteers and/or job trainees
- Train and mentor volunteers, job trainees and staff in solar installation practices
- Conduct site evaluations of potential sites for solar access, safety and engineering issues
- Manage subcontractors and vendors
- Assist with budgeting and job costs
- Schedule and prepare job sites for inspection
- Assist in warehouse organization, fleet maintenance, and construction logistics
- Assemble permit packages, utility interconnection agreements, and assist with rebates
- Other job duties include equipment purchasing, equipment unloading and loading, answering homeowner and volunteer questions, talking to media and generally participating in activities necessary to make solar happen for low-income families
To view the full job posting, please click here.
We are looking to hire immediately – position open until filled.
Submit resume and cover letter via GRID’s job website. Click on “Construction Manager– Colorado” in the Denver, CO section. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Please DO NOT e-mail or fax your resume. Please no calls about the position. You can learn about our organization at www.gridalternatives.org/colorado. Thank you for your interest!
GRID Alternatives Colorado is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.