Solar Installation Supervisor
GRID Alternatives Colorado is a non-profit organization that makes renewable energy technology and job training accessible to low-income communities. We bring together community partners, volunteers and job trainees to implement solar power and energy efficiency for low-income families, providing energy cost savings, valuable hands-on experience, and a source of clean, local energy that benefits us all.
GRID Alternatives Colorado is seeking a full-time, experienced Solar Installation Supervisor to oversee all aspects of PV installations for low-income families in Colorado. This position will be responsible for leading residential and multi-family rooftop installations and commercial scale projects throughout the State of Colorado.
- Responsible for all technical and safety aspects of PV installations
- Conduct site evaluations to screen potential sites for solar access and to determine possible safety or engineering issues
- Design and engineer PV Arrays, ranging from 1kW rooftop arrays to 500kW commercial arrays
- Put together permit packages, utility interconnection agreements, and assist with rebate paperwork
- Lead installations of solar electric systems with crews of volunteers and/or job trainees
- Train and mentor volunteers, job trainees and staff as assigned in solar installation and other construction related activities
- Ensure that all solar installations are installed according to GRID Alternatives’ safety and quality standards
- Assist in warehouse and tool organization, fleet maintenance, construction logistics and systems implementation
- Other job duties include equipment purchasing, hardware store runs, equipment unloading and loading, answering homeowner and volunteer questions, talking to media and generally participating in activities necessary to make solar happen for low-income families
To view the full job posting, please click here.
We are looking to hire immediately – position open until filled.
Submit resume and cover letter via GRID’s job website. Click on “Solar Installation Supervisor – Colorado” in the Denver, CO section. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Please DO NOT e-mail or fax your resume. Please no calls about the position. You can learn about our organization at www.gridalternatives.org/colorado. Thank you for your interest!
GRID Alternatives Colorado is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities encouraged to apply.