Licensed Electrician Solar PV Installer
The Licensed Electrician Solar PV Installer is responsible for the AC component of residential and commercial PV project installation. This person leads AC installation including: balance of system (BOS) layout, inverter installation, conduit and wiring, service disconnects, grid intertie, voltage testing, and ensures compliance with all NEC and AHJ requirements. We are looking for qualified individuals capable of working on residential and commercial projects.
· Ensure crew and job site safety
· Lead quality installations based on system design specifications
· Problem-solve system layouts when design specifications require adjustment
· Deliver installation and commissioning documentation in a timely manner
· Communicate with inspectors on project specifics
· Complete required safety training quarterly
· Remain physically and mentally capable of performing required work scope
· Must possess current Colorado Journeyman Electrical License
· NABCEP certification preferred
· Expert understanding of electrical wiring, conduit sizing, and pipe bending
· Ability to read and understand electrical and structural plans and interpret field layouts
· Comfortably able to lift 75lbs, climb ladders, and work on roof tops in varying temperatures
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
· Must have transportation (public or private) to/from jobsites
· May require travel
Physical demands & work environment:
· Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Must be capable of performing overhead work with hand tools, power tools, and materials. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Must be able to lift and climb ladders to access roofs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Driving required to site locations
· Work environment: The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. Work environment changes from day to day at project work sites and installation on roofs of all pitches. High and potentially dangerous exposure to electricity. The daily temperature varies from hot to cold depending on the season.
Please review our website www.namastesolar.com in order to learn more about us. To apply, go online (no phone calls, please) to http://namastesolar.iapplicants.com and be prepared to answer the following questions during the online application process:
· Do you hold a Colorado RW, Journeyman, or Master’s Electrician License? If so, what is the License #?
· Do you hold NABCEP Solar PV Installer Certification (specify full certification or entry level)?
· Are you comfortable working in the field in all weather conditions and able to safely lift up to 75 lbs?