Solar PV System Sales & Design (Boulder/Denver)
The sales and design position requires a unique combination of technical & communication skills to guide customers and help them find the right “solar fit” for their home. This person is responsible for taking initial sales calls, qualifying leads, scheduling in-home customer meetings, getting on roofs to measure and conduct shade analysis, presenting system and financing options to the customer, completing the initial PV system design, developing the sales quote, and closing the sale.
· Sales of residential solar electric systems.
· Prospecting for and qualifying leads.
· Conducting site evaluations for potential customers (including getting on the roof for measuring).
· Analysis of customers' current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment.
· Designing and pricing solar electric systems and creating quotes.
· Closing agreements and signing contracts.
· Communicating with project manager regarding system design and installation.
· Logging all communications with customers in contact database.
· Public speaking and presentations.
· Staffing tradeshows and other events.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated success with in-home sales of a technical, home improvement, or financial products
· Outstanding communication and customer service skills and experience.
· Strong algebra, trigonometry & spatial visualization skills. Experience performing financial calculations (ROI, IRR, NPV, etc…)
· General construction understanding, i.e., ability to read, understand, and edit electrical and structural plans – reading/interpreting blueprints, & field layouts.
· General understanding of electricity and electrical systems.
· Proficient with computers and the following applications: Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and Google Sketchup.
· Must be highly organized & have ability to multi-task and set priorities.
· Great team player in a collaborative rather than competitive sales team environment.
· Preferred but not required: NABCEP Technical Sales certification; experience with grid-tied solar electric installation, design, or sales; Bachelor’s degree or 2 years related experience; an Engineering degree; SEI Solar PV courses, and/or COSEIA Certification.
COMPENSATION AND TERMS
· Position is full-time, based in Boulder or Denver, CO. Work out of our Boulder office will be required for 1-2 months initially for training.
· Salary range $40-55K, commensurate with experience – no commission structure
· Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision insurance enrollment options
· A company issued EcoPass to ride RTD busses for free
· Generous Paid-time Off package, mentorship by a Co-Owner in the company, and access to professional development funds
Please review our website www.namastesolar.com in order to learn more about us. To apply, go online (no phone calls, please) to http://namastesolar.iapplicants.com and be prepared to answer the following questions during the online application process:
· Are you comfortable getting on roofs to conduct site evaluations?
· Are you eager to work in a team environment where your performance is measured holistically (ie we do not pay sales commission by a set formula)?
· Are you willing to work flexible hours that may include evening and weekend sales appointments?
· Have you read the About Us section of our website (www.namastesolar.com)? It is important to us that you understand our business model, and this will come up during the interview.
Lastly, include some questions that you'd like us to answer. Deadline for applications is June 10, 2013.