Commercial Sales / Business Development
Namaste Solar is an employee-owned cooperative with a democratic, progressive, and unique work environment. The Commercial Sales person is primarily responsible for generating and securing recurring Engineering/Consulting and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) contracts for commercial scale solar PV projects nationwide. This role is expected to handle a high volume of leads, with a focus on establishing relationships with commercial PV system owners such as: commercial entities, municipal and government agencies, non-profits, other solar EPC providers, project developers, project financiers and banking institutions. This role will develop sales quotes and proposals for national Engineering/Consulting and O&M clients, develop RFP responses, develop and present to prospective clients and serve as the key account manager for Namaste Solar Engineering/Consulting and O&M Clients. Travel required.
· Development of commercial solar Engineering/Consulting and O&M contracts nationwide
· Prospect for and qualify leads
· Develop and manage business partnerships with key commercial solar PV system owners
· Meet with new potential clients including commercial entities, municipal and government agencies, non-profits, project developers, project financiers and banking institutions, etc.
· Manage the Engineering/Consulting and O&M client pipeline
· Develop Engineering/Consulting and O&M sales quotes, proposals, and presentations
· Serve as the key account manager for O&M clients
· Public speaking and presentations
· Travel required
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Must have an advanced understanding of commercial PV system design
· Outstanding communication skills and ability to set clear expectations
· Basic understanding of NEC code and commercial building standards
· Expertise on new industry products, applications, and system designs
· Highly organized & have ability to multi-task and set priorities
· Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
· Proficient with computers and the following applications: Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, online CRM
COMPENSATION AND TERMS
- Position is full-time, based in either our Boulder or Denver office (training in Boulder)
- Salary range is $50-60k (commensurate with experience); straight salary, not commission based
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision insurance enrollment options
- A company issued EcoPass to ride RTD busses for free
- Generous Paid-time off package
Please review our website www.namastesolar.com in order to learn more about us. To apply, go online (no phone calls, please) to http://namastesolar.iapplicants.com and be prepared to answer the following questions during the online application process:
- On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being expert, what is your overall knowledge level of commercial solar PV system design and installation?
- What size PV systems do you have the most experience with?
- Please describe your experience prospecting for corporate client accounts, the approach you took and some of the results you achieved.
- Describe the type of lead volume you were able to generate and manage on a monthly basis, and which were your most successful lead-generation techniques.
- Have you read the About Us section of our website? It is important to us that you understand our business model, and this will come up during the interview.