Solar Job Opportunities
Solar Systems Design and Engineer/Project Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, supervise, and/or review designs of residential, commercial and utility scale solar systems, including but not limited to the electrical, structural and mechanical aspects of the projects.
- Conduct site visits to plan equipment and interconnection locations at the site and connections to the existing electrical system.
- Create multidisciplinary engineering designs, which produce the associated details and construction documents necessary to direct the construction contractors.
- Document industry best practices and design standards.
- Establish and maintain relationships with engineering services providers.
- Establish and maintain design standards for facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate evaluation of PV products and emerging technologies.
- Provide technical support for review/preparation of proposals.
- Support business development activities and client interface.
- Provide technical support for interconnection.
- Support growth of solar engineering and installation team.
- Support permitting efforts with municipalities and utilities.
- Establish performance targets and process for performance monitoring & validation.
- Provide technical direction to clients during startup, testing, PV system commissioning and performance monitoring.
- Provide technical support during Operations and Maintenance.
- Make technology recommendations based on project site location and geographic conditions.
- Develop conceptual designs that consider module placement, conduit routing and inverter locations.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Electrical and mechanical education or experience.
- NABCEP certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience preferably in electrical design and electrical installations.
- Extensive knowledge of Design Codes & Standards, and other governing standards for design of solar PV systems.
- Experience with PV System Energy Modeling tools, including tools to conduct dynamic shading analysis.
- Solid working knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Knowledge of power distribution and transmission systems design is a plus.
- Knowledge of PV Module Support Structure design, module array layout.
- Familiarity with review/design of instrumentation for data acquisition systems.
- Extensive knowledge of output, performance and reliability factors of various commercially available PV modules and inverters.
- Field experience in installation, startup and commissioning.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients of all disciplines.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS Office and Windows.
- Highly organized and skillful at working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have experience working with clients in a rapidly evolving environment and developing creative solutions to meet conflicting needs, while expertly leading project teams.
- Highly proficient in reading and interpreting all design, development and construction documents, specifications, and bids, and recommending necessary changes or additions.
- Willingness to travel for projects within/outside of MN and WA.
Candidates who are interested in joining our team should submit a resume to Silicon Energy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements.