Solar Energy International (SEI) is one of the oldest and largest renewable energy training organizations in the country. Founded in 1991 as a 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization focused solely on renewable energy, our mission is to provide industry-leading technical training and expertise in renewable energy to empower people, communities, and businesses worldwide.
The Spanish Program at SEI was founded in 2013 to provide solar PV training for Spanish speakers within and outside the US, namely Latin America. Currently the program seeks to expand within this market to serve individuals, governments, rural communities and the private sector. Since the fall of 2013 SEI’s Spanish Program has trained over 1,400 Spanish speakers from around the world.
Summary: The SEI Spanish Program Associate (SPA) is responsible for primarily working with all of our Spanish-speaking students and inquiries by answering their questions, providing career counseling and registering them for trainings. Secondary responsibilities include assisting with program marketing and program development. This position will work across multiple departments at SEI, including Spanish, Student Services and Marketing. This is a full time hourly position based at Solar Energy International’s PV training center in the town of Paonia, Colorado.
Immediate Supervisors: Matthew Harris and Jess Finnigan
Specific Duties include:
- Provide excellent and timely service primarily for Spanish-speaking students who inquire about our training programs
- Ensure that all inquiries and contacts are entered into SEI’s database
- Register participants for SEI’s Spanish courses and ensure that all processes are followed after the registration
- Process Spanish textbook orders
- Serve as the first point of contact for all Spanish-speaking inquiries
- Support SEI Student Services department with English registrations, on an as needed basis
- Review and analyze online course evaluations and share the results with the Spanish and PV Curriculum teams
- Work directly with our Spanish-speaking students with their travel arrangements to our Spanish trainings in Paonia
- Work with Marketing Director to promote Spanish trainings and the Spanish PV textbook
- Support implementation of marketing plan
- Coordinate scheduling, and travel logistics for Spanish team (ie. conferences, contract trainings, scheduled workshops, business meetings)
- Help translate various programmatic content and documents
- Participate in Student Services and Spanish team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for the position will have excellent skills in: fluency in the Spanish language, customer service, multitasking, teamwork, research, problem solving and communication.
- Native Spanish speaker a plus, fluent in reading, writing and speaking in Spanish and English
- Must be willing to travel, both in-country and internationally
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work with all types of people
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, ability to prioritize
- Ability to handle multiple inquiries in both Spanish and English, including managing daily phone calls, emails, and others tasks, often under minimal supervision
- Creative and detailed oriented
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Team player who can be flexible in a variety of situations
- Ability to take direction, meet deadlines, versatile, manage time, a good planner, and a strategic thinker
- Experience with MS Office, Adobe Graphics Suite
- Strong research skills using Internet and other tools
- Candidate should possess an interest and commitment to the SEI mission
- Previous basic knowledge in renewable energy a plus but not critical
- Project management experience is helpful
Full time year round benefits include: participation in SEI’S medical insurance plan, paid personal days, paid holidays, paid vacation time, participation in SEI’s Simple IRA plan, and professional development benefits (including one FREE SEI workshop per year).
Salary to be commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and three references to Faye Coats at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is April 8, 2016.