Locations: Minnesota and Washington State
Positions: 2 (1 MN and 1 WA)
Start Date: Immediate
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop, supervise, and/or review designs of residential, commercial and utility scale solar systems, including but not limited to the electrical, structural and mechanical aspects of the projects.
• Conduct site visits to plan equipment and interconnection locations at the site and connections to the existing electrical system.
• Create multidisciplinary engineering designs, which produce the associated details and construction documents necessary to direct the construction contractors.
• Document industry best practices and design standards.
• Establish and maintain relationships with engineering services providers.
• Establish and maintain design standards for facilities and equipment.
• Coordinate evaluation of PV products and emerging technologies.
• Provide technical support for review/preparation of proposals.
• Support business development activities and client interface.
• Provide technical support for interconnection.
• Support growth of solar engineering and installation team.
• Support permitting efforts with municipalities and utilities.
• Establish performance targets and process for performance monitoring & validation.
• Provide technical direction to clients during startup, testing, PV system commissioning and performance monitoring.
• Provide technical support during Operations and Maintenance.
• Make technology recommendations based on project site location and geographic conditions
• Develop conceptual designs that consider module placement, conduit routing and inverter locations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS
• Electrical and mechanical education or experience.
• NABCEP certification preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience preferably in electrical design and electrical installations.
• Extensive knowledge of Design Codes & Standards, and other governing standards for design of solar PV systems.
• Experience with PV System Energy Modeling tools, including tools to conduct dynamic shading analysis.
• Solid working knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp.
• Knowledge of power distribution and transmission systems design is a plus.
• Knowledge of PV Module Support Structure design, module array layout.
• Familiarity with review/design of instrumentation for data acquisition systems.
• Extensive knowledge of output, performance and reliability factors of various commercially available PV modules and inverters.
• Field experience in installation, startup and commissioning.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients of all disciplines.
• Excellent computer skills and familiarity with MS Office and Windows.
• Highly organized and skillful at working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must have experience working with clients in a rapidly evolving environment and developing creative solutions to meet conflicting needs, while expertly leading project teams.
• Highly proficient in reading and interpreting all design, development and construction documents, specifications, and bids, and recommending necessary changes or additions.
• Willingness to travel for projects within/outside of MN and WA.
Candidates who are interested in joining our team should submit a resume to Silicon Energy at email@example.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements.