Vice President – Business Development – Main Street Power
Main Street Power Company, Inc. (MSP) is a developer, owner and operator of distributed generation photovoltaic solar systems. We provide secure long-term solar power to customers by combining power purchase agreements with government and utility incentives. MSP specializes in providing financing solutions through PPAs and solar leases for its residential, distributed generation and large-scale solar clients. MSP has a strong financial partnership with Morgan Stanley that began in 2009 and continues to evolve.
MSP has formed partnerships with seasoned project developers, experienced EPC contractors, large specialty contractors, O&M service providers, as well as sources of term debt and strategic tax equity. Our primary clients include creditworthy public schools, universities, municipalities and public sector clients. MSP’s structured finance products and standardized closing processes allow us to tackle PV solar projects of any scope and size. Our in-house asset management and engineering capabilities enable our long term ownership model.
Main Street Power offers a fast paced, fun entrepreneurial work environment in a growing industry.
Main Street Power Company, Inc. is currently seeking a VP of Business Development to lead our business development, commercial project origination, and opportunity qualification activities. Reporting to the COO, this senior management position will lead a team of four business development professionals to accelerate MSP’s commercial and utility-scale activity in the United States. The successful candidate will have a depth of experience in the PV solar industry, comfort with project development and finance, and strategic skills to define high probability target markets that align with MSP’s value proposition. The VP Business Development will be a primary representative of the company in the North American origination markets, and will likely need to travel 30-50% of the time.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- External Sales and Channel development
- Market segmentation, Target market sizing, and MSP positioning
- Client Relationship Management
- Business Development Team Management
- RFPs & Proposals Management
- PPA and EPC Contracting, working with Legal and Finance teams
- Project Finance structuring, working with Legal and Finance teams
- Business Process Improvements
- Marketing and media / industry outreach, working with COO and agencies
- Sales and business development management experience, preferably 2+ years in the PV Solar industry.
- Demonstrated track record of developing direct sales, channels and strategic alliances to drive revenue growth
- Ability to negotiate complex contractual agreements and pricing models; experience with PV Solar PPA’s preferred.
- Financial acumen, and ability to understand complex financial models.
- Ability to design, manage and lead business development programs and projects to achieve deadlines.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, and be in MSP’s Boulder office at least 50%.
- Experience utilizing CRM systems, developing metrics and dashboards, and managing sales teams through the use of CRM tools and methods.
- Experience with marketing communications and market segmentation.
- Undergraduate Degree required, Graduate degree (MBA, Engineering) preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Competitive base and variable pay. Equity participation. Excellent benefits.
Candidates will be evaluated through DiMarchi Partners (www.dimarchi.com), but applicants should provide their initial information (cover letter and resume) through the application link: https://mainstreetpower.quickbase.com/db/bfrdkvhb2?a=nwr